Tuesday 11 January 2011

Woman Begins...

Like every story we must start at the beginning. My story begins with a rather garish pink headline.Woman Writes is basically a tool for me (i.e Woman) to get back into the habit of creative writing after too-long an absence.


The non-specific title reflects my unwillingness to be tied down to one subject area, because I'm a total freebird, badass! That last statement was a lie, if you hadn't already twigged. My real reason for not locking it down to one subject area is because I haven't written anything that hasn't been work-related, a non-work-related-whilst-in-work email or a rather uninspiring Facebook status update, so do not want to deny any spark of creativity that may hit me one day, be it a new book, song, an overheard conversation or ridiculous celebrity news.


The creative flame that had dwindled since leaving university has now been sparked with fresh ideas and possibilities. Whatever the inspiration I must make sure that I stop being "Woman Who Thinks About Writing" and become "Woman Writes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment